Bowser is a veteran character that appears in Super Smash Bros. Crusade. While not yet playable, he is set to appear in demo 0.9, being the first character confirmed that was not at APEX.
|Final Smash||Giga Bowser|
|Debut||Super Mario Bros. (1985)|
|Debut in Crusade||0.9 (Not yet released)|
|Status in Crusade||Veteran|
Bowser is a large koopa and leader of the Koopa Troop. He resembles a large, monstrous tortoise, with the abilities of a fire-breathing dragon. He has a large, green, spiky shell and demonic looking horns, unlike a typical Koopa. He is extremely heavy and slow and has an oafish personality. Bowser first appeared in Super Mario Bros. for the NES in 1985. He was the game's antagonist. He kidnapped Princess Toadstool and tried to take over the Mushroom Kingdom with his Koopa Troop. However, he was eventually defeated by Mario. Since then, Bowser has appeared in multiple Mario games, often as the main antagonist. He is also one of the most well-known villains in the video game industry.
- Bowser's side special is reverted back to Koopa Klaw.
- Forward Throw now involves a punch.
- Bowser uses voices more reminiscent of his recent appearances in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8.
Bowser's Normal MovesEdit
- Bowser claws twice.
- Bowser punches forward.
- Bowser claws upward.
- Bowser claws in front of him, twice.
- Bowser spins in his shell
- Bowser does a claw swipe forward.
- Bowser thrusts out his shell behind him.
- Bowser swings his head upward.
- Bowser spins in his shell with his spikes pointing downward.
- Bowser rears back and then performs a very strong headbutt.
- Bowser leaps up, hitting opponents with his shell.
- Bowser retracts into his shell and spins around.
- Bowser punched his opponent.
- Bowser turns around and throws his opponent.
- Bowser places his opponent on his shell, and spins.
- Bowser flattens his opponent with his body weight.
- Bowser performs a running headbutt.
- Bowser quickly spins onto the stage, then retreats back a bit.
Bowser's Special MovesEdit
|Neutral Special||Fire Breath||Bowser shoots a stream of flames. The flames get weaker as time goes on.|
|Side Special||Koopa Klaw||Bowser grabs his opponent with a claw swipe. Once grabbed, Bowser can bite his opponent, or throw them forward or backward. If the grab is missed, the claw swipe does high knockback.|
|Up Special||Whirling Fortress||Bowser spins upward in his shell. This move gives more horizontal distance than vertical.|
|Down Special||Bowser Bomb||Bowser leaps up, then slams down with all his weight.|
|Final Smash||Giga Bowser||Bowser transforms into a gargantuan version of himself. His attacks become powered up, and he becomes much heavier and more difficult to KO. Some attacks don't even cause Bowser to flinch while he's in Giga Bowser form!|